Named after Jean Lafitte, an 18th century pirate that defended New Orleans from the British navy during the battle of New Orleans, this is the oldest bar in the city. Originally constructed as a blacksmith shop in 1722-1732, it now is home to two separate bars and a live piano player that is very receptive to requests.  The classic drink here is the slushy like “Purple Drank” served in to go styrofoam cups, it’ll help with the heat of a hot French Quarter day.